Click on a language above to explore thousands of activities to help you master a language!
My top 10 favorite activities and websites for language learning!
1. Duolingo – learn a language online for free and you will help translate the web. Very Innovative ideas!
2. Edmodo– similar to Facebook but Teacher controlled. You can also link to other language teachers and share ideas!
3. Conjuguemos– online vocabulary, grammar, activities, and games organized by textbook and topic.
4. Quizlet– online vocabulary, grammar, activities, and games , but need to do specific searches.
5. Classzone– online textbook activities, self-check tests, audible flashcards, workbook, search by subject and book.
6. Games: Quia – a variety of shared games and activities, search by language/topic. Digital Dialects– a variety of games by topic.
7. Epals– online penpals, matches classroom to classroom, set up by teachers, search by language and/or country.
8. Free Rice– help feed the needy by practicing language vocabulary, sponsored by the World Food Program.
9. Standards: 5 Cs - National Standards OSPI – Washington State link to standards Common Core - aligning World Languages 21st Century Skills - for World Languages Rubric - Linguafolio, proficiency levels Rubrics - PALS - Performance Assessment for Language Students VA World Languages – Virginia State World Language Standards, excellent resources for standards and curriculum guides.
10. High School Language Credits: Competency Credits – Washington State Assessments for heritage speakers of languages to receive credits. STAMP – STAMP test information and practice test in several languages. Language Testing International – resources and testing for 100+ languages.
WAFLT- Washington Association for Language Teaching, conferences, grants, and more
ACTFL - American Council of Teachers of Foreign Languages
AP Central- Advanced Placement courses and resources including World Languages