1. Duolingo – learn a language online for free and you will help translate the web. Very Innovative ideas!
dashboard.duolingo - now teachers can track students progress.
2. Edmodo– similar to Facebook but Teacher controlled. You can also link to other language teachers and share ideas!
3. Conjuguemos– online vocabulary, grammar, activities, and games organized by textbook and topic.
4. Quizlet– online vocabulary, grammar, activities, and games , but need to do specific searches.
5. Classzone– online textbook activities, self-check tests, audible flashcards, workbook, search by subject and book.
Quia – a variety of shared games and activities, search by language/topic.
Digital Dialects– a variety of games by topic.
7. Epals– online penpals, matches classroom to classroom, set up by teachers, search by language and/or country.
8. Free Rice– help feed the needy by practicing language vocabulary, sponsored by the World Food Program.
5 Cs - National Standards
OSPI – Washington State link to standards
Common Core - aligning World Languages
21st Century Skills - for World Languages
Can do Statements - by proficiency level for World Languages
Benchmarks & Guides - Avant Assessment guide
Rubric - Linguafolio, proficiency levels
Rubrics - PALS - Performance Assessment for Language Students, scale 1 - 4, 1 - 6
AP Rubrics - AP World Language Rubrics, scale 1 - 5
VA World Languages – Virginia State World Language Standards, excellent resources
for standards and curriculum guides.
Syllabus - Everett HS languages
10. High School Language Credits:
Competency Credits – Washington State Assessments for heritage speakers of languages to receive credits.
STAMP Practice, STAMP – STAMP test information and practice test in several languages.
Language Testing International – resources and testing for 100+ languages.
IPA ppt - WAFLT Conference Workshop 2014